2. What was something that was very memorable?
I had lots of memorable moments in grade 6 but here are the two most memorable. First is when I did a science project with my friend Eunice. We laughed so much during it that we hung out more and more and became best friends. Also something that was memorable was when all the grade 6`s went on the hiking/kayaking field trip. I was in a kayak with my friend Ella. We won the race! It was so much fun!
3. Looking Back On Your Reading Comprehension Throughout The Year, What Was One Thing You Were Really Proud Of?
The novel I most enjoyed this year was Toughing Spirit Bear. It was really interesting and I enjoyed it a lot. A highlight during literature circles was my group. We were all friends and we could communicate well. Something I would like to improve on is my reading pace. Sometimes I read really fast but other times I will read very something I was proud of in my language arts was that I mostly got 3's or 4's. I'm very proud of how I did.
4. What Was One Thing That You Struggled With In Terms Of Reading And That You Think You Should Continue Working On?
One thing I struggled with in reading was stuttering. One I read out load sometimes I stutter. But when I read inside my head I can go really fast and remember everything.
5. What Writing Piece Were You Most Proud Of? What Part Of It Made You Proud?
I'm proud of my stories that I write on Mondays when we get the choice between a weekend write or a story. I can usually get a full page done in 30 mins. I'm proud of these writes because I always get 4's on them.
6. What Was One Thing That You Think You Still Need To Work On Throughout All Of Your Writing? How Do Know You Know You Still Need To Work On This?
Something I need to work on in my writing is using transition words more often. I know I need to work on this because on most of my writes I get a comment to use more transition words.
7. We Have Talked A Lot About Communication Skills. What Is One Thing That You Do Well In Terms Of Communication And One Thing That You Think That You Should Keep Working On?
One thing I did well with for communicating with peers and teachers is I'm really friendly and I will always help my friends with work if they need it. I think I need to work on talking less with my friends.
8. Do You Think You Do A Good Job Of Asking For Help When You Need It? How Do You Know You Are Good At Asking For Help Or Not?
I think I did do a good job of asking for help when I need it. I know this because if I had a problem I would ask my friends for help but if they couldn't help then I would ask the teacher.
9. In Math, We Learned A Lot Of Things This Year. Talk About A Time When You Struggled With Something In Math. What Was It And How Did You Get Better At It?
One thing in math I struggled with was long division. I practised after school with my dad and after a few days I got better and got a 4 in long division.
10. What Was One Thing You Were Really Proud Of In Math This Year-Something You Think You Did Really Well Or A Challenge You Over Came?
In math I am proud of how I did in long division. I started off doing really bad. Then I practised more and more and I got better at it.
11. We Spent A Lot Of Time Learning About What Social Emotional Learning Is. How Do You Self-Regulate? How Do You Promote Social Emotional Learning Around You?
You can self regulate by going for a walk, counting to ten or many or many other ways. You can promote social emotional learning by making a website/blog or going around school. You could also promote it by telling your friends/family about it.
12. How Did You Like Project-Based Learning? What Was Your Strengths? What Could You Work On In The Future?
I really liked doing projects. I liked them because when we had to present we didn't have to do it alone, we could do it with a partner. My strengths were that I could always finish in time. I could work on staying on task more often.
13. You Experienced Different Types Of Innovative Learning Within The Classroom Such As Classroom Blogs, Coding, Passion Projects Ect. How Did This Best Support Your Learning? What Did You Like About It?
Innovated learning supported my learning by letting me choose what I wanted to do. I liked it because I learned new things like how to code.
14. Everyday You Never Sat In The Same Spot, You Had A Different Seat To Start Your Morning. How Did This Benefit Your Learning? What Did You Like About It?
Sitting in a different spot everyday benefited my learning by being with new people. If I need help the people around me will help me. I liked it because everyday I would have a chance of sitting with a friend.
15. What Did You Learn About In Aboriginal Education This Year?
I learned about Residential Schools and what they are for. How the children are separated by gender and that the nuns were with the girls and the boys were with priests. I also learned that the children are beaten and punished if they do an Aboriginal action like speaking their own language. Some children die in Residential Schools and the schools were built by the Europeans. They forced the Aboriginal children to go to school. I also learned that when Aboriginals do something called Circle Justice. Circle Justice is when many people sit around in a circle and talk about what the offenders punishment should be. Those are some of the things I learned
My Goals Over The Summer Are...
I will continue to read everyday for half an hour, and try to keep in touch with friends.
My Goals For Grade 7 For Numeracy are...
To try really hard and do my best on every worksheet.
My Goals For Grade 7 Literacy are...
My goals are to do more writing and add extra detail.
My Overall Goals For Grade 7 are...
To make lots of new friends and work really hard